logo
Aquainfo.dk
Help and inspiration for aquatic hobbyists
When I was almost finished filling up my new 148 liters tank I noticed that the stabilizer had fallen off, so I had to hurry and remove half of the water in order to re-attach it.
When I was almost finished filling up my new 148 liters tank I noticed that the stabilizer had fallen off, so I had to hurry and remove half of the water in order to re-attach it.
When I was almost finished filling up my new 148 liters tank I noticed that the stabilizer had fallen off, so I had to hurry and remove half of the water in order to re-attach it.

When I was almost finished filling up my new 148 liters tank I noticed that the stabilizer had fallen off, so I had to hurry and remove half of the water in order to re-attach it.

My second new aluminum tank, also build in custom size

Written on 03-01-2006 00:03 by cab

After my 153 liters tank leaked for the third time, I ordered this custom made tank in December 2005. I considered settling for another 128 liters, but I chose to pay a little ekstra to get a tank that would fit perfectly into my rack. It was placed on the second lowest shelve in my small tank rack, where my 153 liters tank used to be.

Equipment

The tank is filtered with a HMF filter sponge measuring 40x40x5 cm with two air driven water tubes placed in the left side of the tank. It's heated by a 100W Via Aqua steel heater with a separate sensor and an external temperature regulator. The lighting is a 18W flourescent tube mounted above, combined with a single 5W energy bulb (also flourescent) that provides a kind of "sunset like light" before and after the main light goes on and off. The light is controlled by two week timers, which controls the light for all tanks in the rack.

Interior

I have tried to build a Tanganyika rock environment combined with some open space, shells and a bit of wood to accommodate the various species that I have in the tank. I realize that it is a bit cramped and the tank should have been at least twice the size, but actually I think it looks okay after all. I started with Styrofoam in the bottom, build up the rocks and covered the rest of the open space with a layer of sand. The plants are cryptocorynes.


Faktatabel
Category

Akvarium

Type

Tank, aluminum

Purchased

January 2006

Length

92.5

Height

40

Width

40

Purpose

Tanganyika tank

Condition

Purchased new

Comment

Replacement for my 153 liters.

Tank size

148 liter


Comments